The Piggott School EAL Club
A hugely popular club with the EAL students, this is a place for them to engage in meaningful conversation and discussions, learn about different cultures and life in the UK. The club encourages development of social skills, leadership, teamwork and improving confidence.
Aims of The Piggott School EAL Club :
- Share and celebrate students’ own culture and heritage, encouraging pride in their identity
- Ensuring an inclusive environment where students can flourish and develop a sense of belonging within the school and our wider community
- Encourage English conversational skills
- Increasing awareness of different cultures
- Educating students about life and values in Britain
- Getting to know other students and making friends
Examples of Club Activities :
- Discussion and debate of current events in the news
- Themes of the week
- Contributions to the students’ EAL newsletter
- Creation and presentation of assemblies to different year groups
- Board games
- Arts and crafts
- End of Year Party
What our students have to say about the Club:
- The EAL club is really fun because we get to play games and learn.
- I enjoy meeting new people.
- I have made lots of friends in this club and I look forward to it every week.