Autumn 2020 exam series & University Pre Admission Tests
In order for you to prepare for the autumn exams, I have answered some of the key questions you might have below:
When are the exams happening?
- A-level exams will start on Monday 5 October and finish on Friday 23 October.
- GCSEs will start on Monday 2 November and finish on Monday 23 November.
- University admissions test – 4th & 5th November
- You should have received your timetables but please let me know if you are unsure of your dates and times.
Where are the exams taking place?
- Some of the exams will be sat off site and it is your responsibility to arrive at the different venue in sufficient time to start your exam.
- All onsite exams will be displayed on the exams notice board next to the Medical Hub
- Exams start at 9:00am and 1:30pm – you must be ready to enter the exam hall at least 15 minutes before, allowing time to gather your belongings and safely store your coats and bags.
- Offsite address: Charvil Pavilion. Park Lane, Charvil. The venue is adjacent to the Primary school in East Park Farm
- Private candidates are to report to reception for onsite exams and await instructions
- Private candidates for offsite exams are to make the invigilators aware at the offsite venue 15 minutes prior to the start of the exam
- Exams that are scheduled to take place at Charvil Pavilion. Park Lane, Charvil are:
- English Language Paper 1 and 2
- Mathematics Paper 1,2,3 Higher and Foundation
- University Pre Admission Testing – NOT BMAT which is held at The Piggott School in the Deputy Head Teachers Office
What do I need to revise?
The exam papers will be the same as they would have been in the summer if exams had gone ahead, so you’ll need to prepare for all the usual elements of the papers.
Will we be sitting the papers we would have taken in the summer, or are they new papers?
You’ll be taking the exam papers printed for the summer, so they’ll all have the original May/June dates on them – but don’t worry, the invigilators will be checking to make sure you’ve got the right papers.
Any questions, please do get in touch.
Good luck with your exams!
Summer Examinations 2021
The dates for the main summer 2021 are yet to be confirmed. Non-Examination Assessments which take place outside of the written examination series will be arranged by the subject teachers. They will include:
- Language Orals
- Practical Units - Food
- Performance - Dance, Drama, PE, Music
GCSE summer timetable - to be confirmed
GCE AS/A Level, BTEC & CTEC timetable - to be confirmed