6th Form Enrolment & Results Days
GCSE Results Day
What happens on Results Day?
- You will be looked after by the Key Stage 4 team via email
- Existing Piggott students will be contacted by a member of the Sixth Form team if you do not meet the admission criteria
- External applicants to The Piggott School Sixth Form please refer to the email sent by Mrs Burton in July detailing the procedures that need to be followed on results day
If you have achieved the entry requirement grades for your chosen subjects you are NOT required to attend Enrolment Day in September.
What if my results are not as expected?
- If your results are better than expected and you wish to make a change to your programme of study you should email Mrs Burton
- If you haven't quite achieved the grades that you need, it is important that you do not worry – there is always a solution and on enrolment day the Sixth Form team will be on hand to help you
- The offer that you have been made is not final until your GCSE grades have been finalised so there is plenty of time
What do I need to do before Enrolment Day?
- Calculate your Best 8 score using our points calculator on our Sixth Form pages of the school website
- Check your score and grades against the entry requirements for the subjects you wish to take
- It may be useful at this point to take another look at the subjects on offer, especially if you think you either need to make a change or if you have changed your mind
- Existing Piggott students will have already been contacted by a member of the Sixth Form team if they have not met the required entry points score
- External applicants to The Piggott School Sixth Form please refer to the email sent by Mrs Fish in July detailing the procedures that need to be followed on results day
If your subject change cannot be resolved by your allocated member of staff, they will make an appointment for you to come into school in September. You will be allocated a specific appointment time.
Your support team:
Mr Dusterhoft (Head of Sixth Form)
Miss Reynolds (Head of Year)
Mrs Burton (Sixth Form Administrator)
A few rules
There are more that we will share with you in September, these are to ensure that you know what is expected of you in your first couple of days.
- Year 12 students are not allowed to bring cars on to the school site.
- Students may request permission to come to school on a moped/scooter. A formal letter requesting permission must be sent to Mr Dusterhoft.
The School Day
- The school day is 08:40 – 15:00.
- Students register with their tutors every morning.
- Students are not permitted to leave the school site during the day.
- Students can leave for medical appointments etc. but need to request permission from their Head of Year in advance of the appointment.
- Be cautious – a job where you are required to do one/two shifts per week, mainly at weekends is beneficial. Any shifts beyond this may have a negative influence on your progress.
Bring your own device
- We encourage you to use technology for learning when appropriate, you are welcome to bring in your own devices.
- Use your smart phone to get organised.
Sixth Form Bursary
- Can be awarded in cases of financial hardship, please speak to Mrs Burton, Mr Dusterhoft or Miss Reynolds if you think you might be eligible.
- (when you are not in lessons) - You will be supervised in our silent study area while you develop as an independent learner.
- You can request permission to work outside of the study area if you need to work collaboratively.